Friday, October 24, 2014

A Reductionista Gift

There is nothing better than arriving home after a stressful day to find a sweet parcel on your doorstep!
I recently won the 'End of Summer' competition over at Liz's blog, and I was ecstatic as I'd been lusting over the two Maybelline Color Tattoo shades since I first saw them on her blog! I snuggled up on the couch with Charlie to unwrap the goodies, and lo and behold the bag was bursting with lots of extra beauty treats for me! It's like Liz dived into my mind and said 'this is exactly what Emma would love!'
Even Mister Bovary was amazed by how these two shades look in the pot and in swatches - truly captivating and I can't wait to dip into them properly and see what sort of looks I can create. Sunwashed Sky is more cool toned and has amazing pigmentation, and Shimmering Sea flashes gold as you move and takes my breath away. I can't believe Maybelline didn't release this everywhere - crazy I tell ya!
A Canadian friend brought me over some Sonia Kashuk bits about a year ago but I hadn't tried any of their lipsticks, and this Sheer Fuchsia shade is totally up my alley and something I can get a lot of wear from. The Moonstone cream eyeshadow swatch literally stained my arm and was so hard to budge (it took me micellar water, oil based remover and a good go at my arm with a loofah before it was completely gone!) so I can only imagine how it will last on my lids! Last but not least is the St. Tropez face lotion (I need a bit of glow before I hit Hawaii!) and the gorgeous Annabelle Blush 48 - a wearable shade which is something I actually need in my overflowing collection of neutrals and megawatt brights!
 
Thank you so much to Liz for a great competition and some lovely extras - you really brought a smile to this beauty lovers face :)
 
I'm signing off now to go and have lunch and get my nails done, because tomorrow I am getting married!
 
Emma x

 

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm a tag! Yay yay yay YAY.

    So, even though I put in products that I thought would suit you best, I'm kind of amazed at how everything looks so good on your skin tone. :D

    I hope that tomorrow will be everything you dreamed of and more. Much love to you on your special day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double congrats to you, Emma, and most importantly - good luck for tomorrow!!! Get a good night's sleep in, girl, you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Congrats and have an awesome Wedding Day tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous prize! The two colour tattoos are STUNNING! I'm so sad they didn't come out here!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE!!
    And WAHOO!! I'm so excited for your wedding Emma! Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg we need these shades in Australia ASAP. I am in LOVE with Shimmering Sea especially, gorgeous!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Moonstone is so pretty (trust me to gravitate immediately toward the shimmery neutral eyeshadow). The blush is such a wearable and flattering colour as well. Those two Maybelline Color Tattoos are definitely covetable, especially given they weren't released broadly. And of course, major congratulations on getting married! I saw some pictures on Instagram and you looked positively radiant :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...