Monday, August 11, 2014

August Goals

Recapping July...

-Walk 52km

Managed to walk 54km this month, still had quite a few slack days but happy to have improved from my (personally) dismal effort last month.

-20+ days of stars

I got sick of sticking the stars in and found it took too much of my concentration that could have been better used elsewhere. I still stuck with good food choices (generally) and walking, so I guess it's still a tick!

-Read 3+ books

I read 5 books in July, quite pleased with that effort! A good mix of fiction and non-fiction with a wonderful travel guide to Las Vegas tucked in there (emmabovary on Goodreads!)

-Finalise wedding bouquet details

Our appointment is in August but was booked in July, so I am counting that as a semi-success! I know roughly what I want and the cost, so here's hoping it all falls into place for me in the next few weeks!

-Order our wedding bands

Complete! I wasn't expecting Mister to enjoy this but he did, and the ring we chose for him to wear is gorgeous and very classic. I am still waiting on them to arrival and can't wait to see them in person!

-Try cooking with a new recipe x3

Happy to have marked this one off, but hoping I love the next new recipes we try more. I made chunky vegetable soup (recipe from a slow cooker book), Massaman curry with my sisters homemade paste and chicken patties (which Mister has requested I make again!)

-Start filling some pot plants

We did head up to Bunnings for a look but it was cold and I couldn't work out what I wanted and where I would put the pots, so we left it for now.
walking with Charlie (and a bird we spotted!) and plant inspiration from my sister in law's garden


Now onto my goals for August!
-Walk 54km
-Donate 2+ bags of clothes to Vinnie's
-Donate 2+ handbags to Vinnie's/family + friends
-Book into the Benefit brow bar
-Organise beauty room

Wedding Goals!
-Finalise wedding stationary
-Book our honeymoon
-Buy/choose my wedding shoes in time for dress fitting
-Finalise cake design + flavours
-Book hair + makeup artists

What are you goals for August?
Emma x

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for checking things off of the wedding to-do list! Such a satisfying feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah!! You wedding day is coming closer and closer hon!!!! Actually, when I read "wedding bands" I thought...the musical kind of bands. :p Until I read the whole paragraph...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, hello Mr King Charles. He's so adorable!

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...